The Vancouver Art Gallery will re-open on June 15, 2020, with advance access for members and donors and special hours for frontline workers. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gallery soon!
As the Vancouver Art Gallery re-opens, our priority is the safety of all visitors and staff. We want to welcome you in a safe and comfortable environment. We hope that you will enjoy being back at the Gallery and reconnecting with the remarkable art and artists in our exhibitions.
Following government guidelines, new protocols are in place to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit. We are closely monitoring the situation and will adapt as necessary. We thank you for your patience and cooperation. And, as always, we welcome your feedback.
For all additional inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW GALLERY HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday: 10 AM to 5 PM
- Tuesday: 12 to 8 PM (by donation from 5 to 8 PM)
- Friday: 12 to 8 PM
PLANNING YOUR VISIT
To ensure the well-being of both Gallery staff and visitors, new safety protocols have been established:
- All visitors must self-assess before visiting the Gallery. Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to wear self-provided masks. Masks will be available for purchase at a nominal cost.
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your scheduled time to avoid crowding.
- Coat Check will be open for oversized bags only. Coats and personal items will remain with the visitor.
- The Gallery will limit the building’s capacity and use floor markers and signage to prevent congestion.
- All visitors and staff must maintain a two-metre distance from each other. Household groups may remain together. Children must stay with an adult at all times.
- Plexiglas barriers have been installed at service desks. Floor decals indicate appropriate spacing. All frontline staff will wear masks and gloves.
- Hand sanitation stations will be placed at various locations and stringent cleaning practices will be in place throughout the Gallery.
- The public washroom in the Gallery Lobby will be closed. Visitors may use the washrooms in the exhibition spaces. All washrooms will be cleaned every hour or, if at capacity, every 30 minutes.
- High-touch points, such as service counters, will be cleaned every 30 minutes.
- Elevator use is limited to one person or one group from the same household at a time.
- In an effort to reduce physical contact, a digital Visitors’ Guide will be made available in your e-mail ticket confirmation, on the Gallery’s website and through on-site signage with a scannable QR Code. Visitors and members are encouraged to download the Visitors’ Guide on their smartphones to use as reference during their visit or to print a copy at home.
- Audio guides will not be available. Instead, visitors can scan QR Codes on labels within the exhibitions or visit select exhibition webpages to enjoy a self-guided audio tour.
TICKETED ENTRY TIMES
All visitors, including Gallery Members, will be required to select a specific entrance time to manage crowding, capacity and queuing.
- Online ticket purchases are strongly encouraged for all visits. A limited number of on-site tickets will be available.
- Online tickets will be available on the Gallery’s website with specific entry times set at 60-minute intervals.
- Members will also need to book timed-entry tickets. If you are no longer able to visit during your selected time slot, please contact email@example.com to cancel your reservation so that a space can be opened up for another member.
- Renewals and new membership transactions can be processed on the Gallery’s website. Membership Desk staff will be available to assist members who cannot make their purchases online.
AFFECTED ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
- Public tours, programs and special events are postponed until further notice, as guided by the Provincial Health Officer and the provincial government. This includes all social events, FUSE, on-site educational school programs and exhibition openings.
- Virtual Adult and Family Programs continue to be offered weekly: Art Connects and Art At Home
- All visitors to the Gallery Store must follow a one-way designated path when entering and exiting the shop.
- The Store will sanitize shopping baskets between uses.
New Hours of Operation:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday: 10 AM to 5:30 PM
- Tuesday and Friday: 12 to 8 PM
ART RENTAL & SALES
- Access to the Art Rental & Sales Showroom will be by appointment only. To make an appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only 2 clients will be permitted within the Showroom at any given time.
- Clients MUST wear a mask in this confined area.
New Hours of Operation:
- Monday to Saturday: 10 AM–5 PM by appointment only
LIBRARY & ARCHIVES
- Access to the Gallery’s Library & Archives is by appointment only. To make an appointment, please contact email@example.com.
- Only 2 visitors will be permitted within the Library at any given time.
- Visitors MUST wear a mask in this confined area.
New Hours of Operation (starting July 6):
- Monday to Thursday: 11 AM–5 PM by appointment only
1931 GALLERY BISTRO
- All visitors to 1931 Gallery Bistro must enter through the outside patio near the Gallery’s Robson Street entrance.
- The Bistro will limit capacity to 50% to ensure physical distancing.
New Hours of Operation:
- Sunday to Thursday: 10 AM to 10 PM
- Friday and Saturday: 10 AM to MIDNIGHT
- Happy Hour: Everyday from 4 PM to 6 PM
For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit the Province of British Columbia’s website »
For additional inquiries about the Gallery’s safety measures and procedures, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.