Prior to arrival:
- Group bookings must be made at least one week prior to arrival *subject to availability
- Please plan to arrive on site at least 20 minutes before your program
Get me to the Gallery!
- Location: The Vancouver Art Gallery occupies an entire city block in the heart of downtown Vancouver, bounded by Georgia Street, Hornby Street, Robson Street and Howe Street. You can enter the Gallery from either Hornby Street or Robson Street Plaza (adjacent to Howe Street). Both entrances are wheelchair accessible.
- Tour Buses: Buses must use the designated drop off and pick up area on Hornby Street, between Robson and Georgia Streets. Please note that this is a drop off/pick up area only and buses are to move immediately to another location - see below for parking suggestions.
Car Parking: No parking is available on Gallery premises, but there is a lot of paid public parking nearby: Hotel Vancouver parkade (enter from Hornby Street), Pacific Centre Mall parkade (enter from Howe Street) and Robson Square Complex (enter from Howe Street) and on-street meter parking.
- Bus Parking: We recommend Pacific Centre Mall parkade (enter from Howe Street) and Robson Square Complex (enter from Howe Street) for small bus parking.
Meeting Area: Please have your group wait in the designated Group Meeting area under the cement stairs that lead to the Gallery Café inside the Gallery Lobby. There should be seating provided.
Checking In: Tour escorts should then check in at the Admissions Desk, located in the Gallery Lobby. Please reference the Group Name that the booking was made under. At this time you will be designated a Gallery Group Liaison who will assist you with your payment for the group and also coordinate your group coat check - in.
- Coat and Baggage Check: Group coat check is available during Gallery hours and will be coordinated by your Gallery Group Liaison. Please note that backpacks, cameras, food, drinks, large bags and umbrellas are not permitted in the gallery spaces and must be checked.